Reporting to the Head of Department: Assignments, your Key Performance Areas include:
- Contribute story ideas to the daily and forward planning news diaries.
- An ability to come up with unique story angles.
- Arrange and prepare for interviews.
- Brief cameraman and interviewee on topic beforehand.
- Check archives for specific identified news items.
- Check electronic media (wires), articles of interest in newspapers and study oversees media.
- Conduct preliminary telephonic and follow-up probing interviews.
- Direct editor to cut pictures according to storyline, editing pictures and notes.
- Identify stories through research, sourcing and networking.
- Screen functions, events for possible newsworthy items.
- Write final copy of news bulletin.
- Lay voice on tape and present on camera.
- Conduct live crossings
- Send images and videos from the field to on-line (whenever possible, upload directly to our CMS)
- Increase the social media output, particularly on Twitter, using the designated handle and hashtags
- Write articles for online (these need to be complimentary angles not a repeat of the package content
- Alert online/multimedia team to rushes/footage and any good interviews that can be used as soon as the visuals are ingested
- Degree / Diploma in Journalism
- 7 years Broadcasting experience
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated general knowledge, thorough understanding of South African politics and players involved as well as international current affairs.
- Working knowledge of quality of visuals and scripts.
- A developed culture of reading and news sense.
- Ability to develop story ideas.
- Team orientated and encompass the ability to build solid working relationships.
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and take initiative.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent probing and presentation skills.
Ability to identify reliable sources and network.
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to email@example.com :
- Your CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your Qualifications
- Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.