Reporting to the Manager: Technical Operations, eNCA. Your Key Performance Areas include:
- Meet and greet studio guests and ensure that they are safe on the studio floor and that they are miced up.
- Ensuring that all equipment on the floor is in working condition, report all faults immediately to engineers.
- Manage the execution of the show on the floor as per directors instructions.
- Give countdown on the floor to crew and talent and ensure that talent is appropriately cued as per director’s instructions.
- Check that the VIZ machine and associated software is in good working order.
- Ensuring that the graphics rundown is correct and preview all graphics before triggering to air.
- Operate graphics playout systems during live and pre-recorded productions.
- Gather and preview all scripts and ensure that all scripts are cleaned before the start of each production.
- Managing all script changes and ensure that the anchors has the correct script at all times.
- Operate the autocue machine , monitoring the talent reading speed ensuring that the script is in sync with the reading.
- Ensuring that the equipment (Camera, CCU’S, Studio Lights, Robotics) is switched on and in good working order.
- Balance cameras to get the exact colour output and ensure that all studio cameras match.
- Setting up and operating different types of video playback devices, i.e. server, tapes, cinedeck
- Following and executing playback instructions as per running order.
- Check the vision mixing desk that everything is working and all relevant elements are loaded for production, if any irregularity is found report to engineering.
- View different types of image from a variety of sources, i.e. pictures from several cameras, digital video effects, graphics and outside broadcast materials
- Setup DVE effects and create new show styles on request
Support and Coordination
- Stand in for Technical Director when required and ensure with the director a smooth technical and visually production
- Manage the crew during the production to ensure everyone is fully aware of what is required from them
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Diploma/Degree in Film and Television
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in live and pre-record environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be proactive and organized
- Must have attention to detail
- Able to take direction
- Able to work with crew and editorial staff
- Able to work in a digital environment
- Understanding of role players
- Have an understanding of broadcasting environment
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to email@example.com :
- Your CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your Qualifications
- Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
17 AUGUST 2018