Reporting to the Manager: Media Transfers. Your Key Performance Areas include:
- Ensuring that all data capturing is done accurately and matches clocks or paperwork supplied.
- Ensuring technical quality of all ingested material in line with e.tv broadcast specifications ie: audio and video levels, phasing check etc.
- Viewing all material for broadcast in real-time, and allocate a classification which ensures that the company complies with the BCCSA Code of Conduct and that the classifications are in line with the Film and Publications Board (FPB) restrictions and guidelines.
- Ensuring that programmes that are not suitable for children, is screened after the watershed period.
- Adequately motivate classifications in the event of complaints.
- Monitoring the e.tv censorship rating with external classification organisations such as FPB and IMDB.
- Informing relevant departments of the classification, updates and / or changes.
- Providing adequate viewer advisories about programmes which may offend or disturb certain viewers.
- Working closely with the Compliance Officer in Johannesburg on complaints, disturbing visuals and warning recommendations.
- Ensuring outstanding material is classified as per weekly/monthly/inventory lists given by HOD.
- Viewing and recommending scheduling times for music videos and promotions.
- Ensuring classifications given are loaded in the Broadcast Management System.
- Ensuring internal classifications are in line with the FPB restrictions and guidelines.
- Complying with the latest version of FPB guidelines as outlined in frequent Government Gazette documentation.
- Reclassifying material as and when required.
- Flagging all material classified 18+.
- Reporting any technical problems with the reviewing of material and/or any other material.
- Flagging any possible scheduling discrepancies in relation to the time scheduled, age restriction and/or its elements.
- Liaising with the Acquisitions department advising on suitable slots for potential programming.
- Reporting on server problems when applicable.
- Writing reports on films when required.
- Performing QAR of commercials, trimming clips and reporting problems directly to HOD.
- Responding to communications relating to classifications concerns in line with the company standard
- Reporting any compliancy concerns.
- A relevant qualification in Television.
- A relevant qualification in the Classification of Media Content in South Africa would be advantageous.
Minimum two years’ relevant experience in a compliance environment.
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
- Competency in the use of Scheduling Programs. e.g Broadcast Master
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the work of the FPB
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the law in respect of the BCCSA
- In depth Knowledge of the Classification Guidelines as gazette in the Government Gazette
- In depth Knowledge of the film and publications act
- Understanding and knowledge of Ingest and Digital hardware and software
- Competency in the use of broadcast systems an advantage
- Understanding of the broadcasting environment, language of television and role players
- Computer literate: MS Word and Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot, take direction and work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your Qualifications
- Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
16 MAR 2018