Reporting to the Managing Director : Open News. Your Key Performance Areas include:
- Providing general backup and support to the production team and Audio Mixer.
- Understanding mics and mic placement according to shoot requirements.
- Ensuring cables and equipment are neat and do not pose a health and safety issue in studio or outside shoot.
- Attaching clip microphones on presenters and guests clothing and providing them with earpieces for communication using discretion.
- Assisting engineers with line-ups and sync tests.
- Moving positional microphones according to the production team directions.
- Collating reports on day-to-day activities and fault finding reports to the Technical Director.
- Checking all stock, microphones, earpieces and batteries to make sure that the audio department runs as smoothly as possible.
- Checking that all equipment is prepared for broadcast and fully operational and report all faulty equipment to the Audio manager.
- Assisting with setting up and troubleshoot audio equipment throughout the production.
- Labelling all microphone transmitters and receivers, cables, radio communication transmitters and receivers accurately.
- Performing tests on all external interviews to make sure the line meets broadcast standard/quality.
- A relevant Film, Television or Sound qualification
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
- Problem solving skills
- Planning skills
- Organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Coping under pressure
- Conflict handling skills
- Computer literacy: MSO Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
If you meet the minimum requirements, we look forward to hearing from you. Kindly submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your Qualifications
- Completed Application Form
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
20 JUN 2018